Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich!
With or Without Meat
Restaurant Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
This is a hearty, delicious restaurant recipe for a Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich without any
meat. Of course, you could add bacon, sausage or ham and it would be a great
breakfast with any of those additions.
And the sandwich doesn't have to be sourdough. Use your choice of bread or biscuit or muffin or tortilla.
I have included this restaurant recipe for those who choose
not to eat (or cannot eat) meat, for whatever reason.
Add the hash browns or
cottage fried potatoes or fruit for a wonderfully nutritious meal.
Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich
Preparation time: 8 minutes. Servings: 1.
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 1/2 teaspoons each of butter and peanut oil or
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons sliced mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 slices Cheddar cheese (or mozzarella or your favorite)
- Butter sourdough bread and grill in a pan or on a
griddle over low heat until golden brown
- Heat butter or oil over low heat in an egg pan
- While the pan is heating, beat the eggs in a small
bowl with a wire whip until blended but not frothy
- When fat in egg pan is hot enough to sizzle a drop
of water, add vegetables and sauté until mushrooms stop giving off moisture,
stirring or shaking the pan often
- Pour in the beaten eggs and let sit on heat until
eggs begin to cook around the edges then stir occasionally with a rubber
spatula until eggs are cooked but still soft and moist (don’t forget to read
the article on "How To Cook An Egg.")
- Top mixture with cheese and cover briefly to melt
- Place on grilled sourdough bread, cut corner to
corner and plate
That's it! Nice job!
Enjoy your restaurant recipe for a breakfast sandwich and
the company of those you share it with! - Donna
"Too few people understand a really good breakfast sandwich."
Almost anything is available!