Shrimp Scrambled Egg
Stir Fry Shrimp Scrambled Egg Recipe
Favorite Restaurant Breakfast Recipe
Total flexibility with this shrimp scrambled egg recipe!
This is truly a "clean-out-the-frig" recipe.
The restaurant sometimes has this item as a breakfast special on Monday's when there are fresh veggies and shrimp left from a busy Sunday. It sells well.
(Ready for the egg mix)
Yes, the recipe names some veggies to add to the eggs and shrimp, but you can use whatever you have "in house."
This breakfast (or lunch or dinner) item is basically a shrimp stir fry with the egg mix added.
For this meal I almost always use the smaller bay shrimp.
Shrimp Scramble Egg Recipe
Preparation Time: 10 minutes. Servings: 1-2.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 ounce broccoli, chopped small
- 1 ounce each julienne carrots, red cabbage, pea pods, boy choy ... you choose
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 ounces Bay shrimp
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Chow Mein noodles, or to taste (nice option)
(Vary the vegetable amounts to your taste)
- Heat oil over low heat in a 7-8 inch egg pan
- While the pan is heating, beat the eggs in a
mixing bowl with a wire whip until blended but not frothy
- When oil is hot enough to sizzle a drop of water,
add your vegetables and garlic
- Sauté briefly to thoroughly heat ingredients
stirring or shaking the pan often (do not burn garlic)
- Add shrimp and stir while cooking
- Whip the eggs a couple of times and add them to
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally with a
rubber spatula as the eggs cook (do not allow the eggs to brown)
- Remove the eggs from the heat when they are “set”
but still soft and moist
- Divide in the pan and slide onto plates for two
servings or plate whole for one serving
- Garnish with Chow Mein noodles (if you have some)
Enjoy this delicious scrambled egg recipe with shrimp and the
company of those you share it with!
Did you know? Small-scale local fishery for shrimp and prawns has existed
for many centuries and continues to form a large proportion of the world's shrimp