Chicken Breast Recipe
Cheese, Sour Cream, Salsa, Guacamole
Restaurant Low Carb Recipe
This is a very easy but delicious favorite Low Carb Chicken Breast Recipe, not only for carb counters but for anyone.
This is a low carb plate often requested by restaurant guests who are either "counting carbs or calories." It is very simple, but they never seem to grow tired of it.
This recipe is for a very basic low carb plate using
boneless, skinless chicken breasts. But you can substitute a 6 ounce lean
hamburger patty and you'll still only have about 17 grams of carbs for the
You can also substitute your favorite cheese instead of
using cheddar, if you wish.
For the taste and nutrition you really want, use
Low Carb Chicken Breast Recipe
Restaurant Chicken Recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes. Serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5-6 ounces each - and organic if you have them available)
- 4 one ounce slices of quality cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese) (more if you are a real cheese-lover like me)
- 8 ounces of sour cream (2 ounces per portion)
- 8 ounces of your favorite salsa (one without sugar - 2 ounces per portion)
- 8 ounces of guacamole (2 ounces per serving)
- 8 cups of romaine, shredded or cut (about 2 ounces per plate)
- 8 ounces of delicious Thousand Island Dressing (again, 2 ounces per serving)
- Tomato wedges and chopped green onion to garnish each salad
- Grill or fry (using a little vegetable oil) the chicken breasts and salt and pepper, if desired (a little sprinkle of garlic powder and seasoning salt, if you wish)
- After turning the chicken, lay a flat slice of cheese (or two) on top of each breast
- Place 2 cups of romaine (or wild greens) on one side of each of the four plates and garnish each with a tomato wedge and green onion
- When the chicken breasts are done, place one breast on each plate opposite of the lettuce
- Top each breast with 2 ounces (a small scoop) of sour cream and guacamole or serve these condiments on the side
- Serve the salsa on the side
- Serve the Thousand Island Dressing on the side
Enjoy your low carb chicken recipe and the company of
those you share it with!