Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe
Garden Patch Soup
Wonderful Way to Get Your Veggies
This Beef Vegetable Soup
Recipe is one I call Garden Patch Soup.
Why is this soup called "Garden Patch?"
The soup recipe was developed with several goals in mind.
- The restaurant wanted to add yet another delicious
favorite restaurant soup recipe to its collection of soups to rotate into the
daily special sheet.
- The soup was to be one the restaurant could use
"products on hand," no special ordering.
- And we wanted a soup recipe that would allow us to
use up a number of products while still fresh. Hence its name… "Garden
This soup recipe filled the bill and ...most important, it
This vegetable - beef soup recipe is one you and your family
will really appreciate for its flavor, nutritional value and flexibility in
terms of the veggies you use.
Beef Vegetable Soup
Called Garden Patch Soup
Preparation time: 30 minutes. 8-10 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef or "left-over" pieces of beef ("natural" beef, if affordable)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Au jus seasoning mix (or to
- 2 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 14 ounce can of tomatoes, chopped
- 7 ounce can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces whole kernel corn or an 8 ounce can with
- 8 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (or
- 3 cups of veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, green
beans, zucchini, peppers, celery or whatever you like and have available)
- 1/3 head cabbage (1 1/2 cups), coarsely chopped
- In a soup pot, heat the water to boiling
- While the water is heating, brown the ground beef
and chopped onion in a skillet
- When water comes to a boil, add all the
seasonings, tomato, tomato sauce, corn with liquid, beans and your vegetable
- Drain meat mixture and add the meat to the soup
- Bring back to a boil
- Simmer until vegetables are crisp tender
- Add the cabbage and remove the soup from the heat
- Let the soup sit for a few minutes allowing the
cabbage to cook
- Correct the seasoning
- Stir well and ladle into bowls
Enjoy your Vegetable Beef Soup I call Garden Patch Soup and the company
of those you share it with! - Donna
"An old-fashioned vegetable soup is a more powerful
anti-carcinogen than any known medicine."
James Duke M.D.(U.S.D.A.)