Baked Chicken Recipe
Easy, Moist, Delicious Chicken
This restaurant Oven Baked
Chicken Recipe will be one you use often. It is easy but the tender, moist
results are absolutely delicious.
Consider serving this versatile entree with oven roasted potatoes and vegetables.
Or how about some delicious garlic mashed potatoes with some sweet corn or fresh green beans or
peas and wonderful dinner rolls! Oh…yummy!
This restaurant recipe for spinach and mushroom salad is perfect to
serve with this baked chicken.
Don't forget dessert! How about Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp or Apple
Crisp or the delicious, light Kahlua
Oven Baked Chicken Recipe
Delicious Roasted Chicken Recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes. Serves 4
- One 3-4 pound chicken (free range would be extra
- Sea Salt or Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Butter at room temperature
- 1 large onion
- 6 sprigs of parsley (or your favorite herb)
- 3/4 cup dry sherry or dry Madeira or a dry white
wine (or substitute chicken stock)
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- Rub the chicken inside and out with the salt,
pepper and butter
- Chop the onion coarsely and stuff the cavity with
it and the parsley
- Put a generous lump of butter in and tie the
cavity up with some heavy string or twine
- Place the chicken in a baking or roasting pan and pour the wine or chicken
stock over it
- Lay the slices of bacon criss-cross over the
- Put the chicken in the oven and bake for 2 hours,
basting every 20 minutes
- Use your thermometer to check for doneness
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes before slicing (Need help slicing? Click here.)
Here is how you might like to serve this oven baked chicken restaurant recipe:
Place the sliced chicken in the center of a platter and surround it with oven roasted potatoes and vegetables.
How wonderful that looks!
Drizzle just a little juice from the chicken over the potatoes and vegetables.
Enjoy your chicken recipe and the company of those you share it
with! - Donna
Did you know? Chickens have been domesticated for over 4,000 years.