Restaurant Chicken Recipe
Butter It Up!
Pecan Chicken with Lemon Butter!
Great flavor and texture combinations with this restaurant chicken recipe.
Pecan Chicken Recipe -
Lemon Herb Butter
Favorite Restaurant Recipe
Preparation time: 25 minutes. Serves 2.
- 2 chicken breasts, tenderized
- 3/4 cup Japanese bread crumbs (“Panko” in grocery
stores. It is useful for many great seafood and chicken dishes.)
- 1/2 cup Pecan pieces, chopped in food processor
- Capers to taste (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Fresh Lemon Herb Butter (see below)
- Tenderize chicken breasts and flatten slightly
with a meat mallet so they are not too thick but "even" in thickness
- Combine Panko bread crumbs and Pecan pieces in a
shallow pan (like a pie pan). Put beaten eggs in another pie pan and the flour
in a third pie pan.
- Dip the chicken in the flour, then in the eggs and
finally in the Pecan-Panko mix
- Heat a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat
- Add clarified
butter (see recipe) and then the two breasts
- Cook chicken on one side for 3-4 minutes (or until
golden brown), turn over and cook until juices run clear
Chicken is done. Top
each breast with lemon-herb butter!
To hold warm you can place the chicken into the sauce in the pan and allow the coating
on the chicken to absorb all the lemon cream sauce flavorings so each
bite is delicious.
To clarify butter:
- Melt butter over very low heat
- Skim off what comes to the surface
- Slowly pour off the oil part into another
- Discard the solids
Ingredients for Lemon
- 1 pound soft butter
- 1 1/2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped (or 3/4
teaspoon dried parsley)
Lemon Herb Butter:
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or with
That’s it! Gooood job!
ENJOY your secret restaurant recipe for chicken with lemon butter and the company of those you share it with! - Donna
Did you know? Pecans are native to America. It is a member of the hickory