Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Table or Buffet Service
Breakfast Recipe from Restaurant
Try this delicious restaurant breakfast casserole recipe. It can be made ahead and baked the next morning.
I have used this restaurant breakfast recipe for this strata
successfully for banquets and table service many times.
It is a flexible restaurant breakfast recipe.
Sausage & Cheese Strata Recipe
Restaurant Breakfast Casserole
Preparation time: About 40 minutes. Recipe serves 12
Ingredients for the restaurant strata recipe:
- 10 cups French bread cubes (1/2-3/4 inch pieces)
- 3/4 pound
cooked sausage (your choice) cut into 3/4 inch pieces (or bacon)
- 1 3/4 cup sautéed mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (6 ounces shredded)
- 1 1/2 cups Pepper Jack cheese (6 ounces shredded)
- 7 beaten eggs
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 4 to 6 ounces chopped red and green onions
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Divide half the bread cubes between 2 greased 2
quart baking dishes
- Top with sausage and mushrooms
- Sprinkle with cheeses, then the remaining bread
- Combine eggs, milk, onions, mustard, salt and black pepper with a wire whip in a large mixing bowl
- Pour egg mixture over layers in baking dishes and
- Refrigerate for 2 to 48 hours (will not
- To serve ...bake uncovered in a 325 degree F oven
for 50-55 minutes (or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
stand about 10 minutes before serving
Enjoy the restaurant casserole recipe for breakfast and the company of
those you share it with!
Did you know? Breakfast is considered the most important time to have a
meal but almost 6 out of 10 people in America still do not eat in the morning.