Beef Stew Recipe
Calls for Burgundy Wine
Restaurant Beef Stew Recipe
This Beef Stew Recipe or ...Beef Bourguignon: A fun way
of saying French Stew or ...Burgundy Stew.
Actually, I believe the French word means “of
Burgundy” which is appropriate since this beef stew restaurant recipe calls for
Burgundy wine. It is a secret ingredient ...secret no more. ;-)
Actually, I am not French. I am an American “country girl".
Here is a recipe to appreciate.
At the restaurant this recipe is served with lots of crusty bread or buttermilk biscuits.
Some customers who order this for dinner also enjoy a glass of good Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon wine.
Beef Stew Recipe
Oops...Beef Bourguignon! ;-)
Favorite Restaurant Beef Recipe
Preparation time: 3 1/2 hours because of slow cooking process. Recipe serves 8
Ingredients for this beef stew
- 3 pounds of round steak, cut into 1 inch
"cubes" and floure
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced and blanched
- 15 pearl onions
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small can tomato paste
- One 10 ounce can beef bouillon
- 1 bottle of burgundy wine (save some for cooking,
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 pounds peeled, cooked potatoes
- 1 pound whole white mushrooms
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch of thyme or a whole branch
- Salt and pepper to taste
I also sometimes like to add peas to the stew.
- In a skillet, brown the meat in combination with olive oil and butter
- Set aside meat
- In another skillet, cook two of the pearl onions that have been finely chopped with the carrots, celery and garlic
- Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of the tomato paste and 3 tablespoons of flour, put back on heat and stir mixture until brown
- Add 1/2 bottle of burgundy and the can of bouillon slowly while cooking and stirring
- Strain the vegetables out of the sauce and discard
- Bring to a boil and pour over meat
- Now add parsley, bay leaf, pinch of thyme, salt and pepper
- Bake covered in 350 degree F oven for 2 1/2-3 hours
- While meat is baking, peel potatoes and cook
- Fry blanched bacon and add remaining whole pearl onions and a little more wine and cook to thicken sauce
- Add to casserole
- Wipe mushrooms clean with paper towel and sauté in butter until they quit giving off moisture
potatoes and mushrooms to meat and serve
Here is one option for you to think about with this beef
stew restaurant recipe: Omit potatoes and serve over (or with) pasta or rice or mashed potatoes.
Like this beef stew restaurant recipe? Of course you’ll love
it after you try it. So will your family and friends.
The fact is, beef stew is considered a comfort
food by many people. It is delicious and makes you feel good.
Thank you for “dropping by.” ENJOY your stew recipe (Beef Bourguignon :-) ) and all the restaurant recipes and the company of those you share them with!
"I cook with
wine... sometimes I even put it in food."