Zucchini Patty Recipe
Abundant Zucchini Used Well
Restaurant Vegetable Recipe
This Zucchini Patty
Recipe is from a reader of the website.
I followed the ingredients and her directions and then offered them to
the restaurant guests.
They heartedly approved, making this a Real
Thanks for this wonderful and nutritious way to make use of zucchini!
Zucchini Patty Recipe
Delicious Vegetable Recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes. Serves 4.
- 2 tablespoons each of butter and peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- 3 cups grated zucchini (let stand for about 20 minutes)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 3/4-1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Johnny's seasoning spice (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Grated carrots
- Minced garlic (or garlic powder)
- Diced peppers or any other grated or minced vegetables you like
Also very good when topped with a dollop of sour cream!
- Heat 1 tablespoon each of the butter and oil in a 12 inch skillet or on a griddle over moderate heat
- With your hands, squeeze out the excess moisture from the shredded zucchini and put into a large mixing bowl
- Add a slightly beaten egg, 3/4 cup of the cracker crumbs, onions, Johnny's seasoning, salt and pepper and any optional additions you desire
- If the batter is too moist, add remaining cracker crumbs or enough to hold the patties together
- With a spoon, drop the batter into the hot butter-oil combination to form 2 - 2 1/2 inch patties
- Flatten each patty slightly with the back of your spoon
- Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown
- Salt and pepper each patty if desired
- Keep warm in a very low oven while you fry the remaining patties, or take them right to the table to be eaten (ENJOYED!)
Serve these with a lemon wedge! They are great!
Enjoy your zucchini patty recipe and the company of those you share it with!
“The trouble is, you cannot grow just one zucchini. Minutes
after you plant a single seed, hundreds of zucchini will barge out of the ground
and sprawl around the garden.”
"You cannot grow tulips from zucchini seeds."