Spinach Salad Recipe
Simple, But Simply Delicious
Favorite Restaurant Salad Recipe
This Spinach Salad
Recipe depends on nicely sliced, white mushrooms but if you want to add
some thin-sliced red onion and/or crisp bacon pieces, that's great, too.
The restaurant salad dressing recipe below is to be used with
this spinach salad.
It is easy but it really pulls the entire salad together.
This basic recipe is perfect to add your own creativity. A couple of options are listed below, but some people like to garnish (add) sliced hard cooked egg. Others add a garnish using their favorite nut.
GO FOR IT!
Note: For carb counters, this basic spinach salad recipe has
approximately 6 grams per serving, assuming 4 total servings. For six portions,
there are about 4 grams per serving.
Spinach Salad Recipe
Favorite Restaurant Salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes Serves 6
- 9 ounce package of cleaned (de-stemmed) spinach
(baby leaves best)
- 1/4 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced or green onion cut on a bias (optional)
- 1/2 cup crisp bacon pieces (optional but very good)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Oil and Vinegar
or use the wonderful restaurant salad dressing recipe below
- Clean the mushrooms by wiping off with a damp
kitchen towel or paper towels and then slice them
- Marinate the mushrooms in the oil and vinegar (or
dressing) for one hour or until you are ready to serve the salad
- To serve, toss the ingredients in a salad bowl and
serve on salad plates (see below)
5 minutes. Makes enough dressing for recipe above (4-6 salads)
The "key" is to use high quality
Oil and Vinegar. The amounts are approximate. Please adjust to your
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon quality vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 - 1
teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Minced parsley or a little of your favorite herb
- Put all the ingredients except the olive oil in
the bottom of a bowl and let sit for 30 minutes
- In the same bowl, place the spinach leaves on top
of the mixture. Pour the olive oil over the leaves only and then use your
fingers to toss the leaves to lightly coat them with the oil
- Now reach to the bottom of the bowl into the
mixture with a rubber spatula and toss the spinach with the rest of the
dressing mixture. This process saves a step and saves washing a separate bowl.
Plate the salads and garnish with bacon bits if you desire.
Enjoy your restaurant Spinach Salad Recipe and the company
of those you share it with! It is a favorite restaurant salad recipe.
“Wouldn't it be awful if spinach hain't really healthful
after all the th' trouble it takes t'git the sand out of it?”