Pork Loin Recipe
Favorite Restaurant Pork Recipe
For this Pork Loin
Recipe you will also need the pork
brine recipe that is also on the website. Just click the link to access it.
The pork brine recipe from the restaurant will all but
guarantee a perfect pork roast, the best you have ever prepared.
At least the restaurant guests say they have never had any
better. The brine recipe is really what makes this a favorite restaurant
That and the restaurant recipe for pork gravy, also on the website.
Pork Loin Recipe
Favorite Restaurant Recipe
Preparation time: Takes 2 1/2 hours to cook, depending on size (4-5 pounds) but roast needs to marinate in pork brine for 12-24 hours. Serves 8.
- Make the pork
brine according to that recipe and marinate roast 12-24 hours
- Heat apple jelly in a small sauce pan over
medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until melted (5-7 minutes) and set aside
- After removing your roast from the brine and drying it with paper towels, place the roast in a shallow roasting pan in a 400 degree F oven and brush apple jelly evenly over the surface of the meat and roast it until it turns brown on top (about 20 minutes)
- Remove the roast from the oven and using tongs or
a meat fork, turn the roast so that the bottom side faces up
- Brush the roast again with apple jelly
- Return the roast to the oven, reduce heat to 325
degrees F, cover and continue cooking until a meat thermometer inserted into
the middle of the roast registers 150 degrees F (about 1 – 1 1/2 hours)
- When the roast is cooked, remove it to a carving
board and let stand, loosely covered with foil (about 15-20 minutes)
- Make your gravy according to the gravy recipe (have all ingredients
ready to go)
- Carve the meat into 1/4 inch – 1/2 inch thick
- Serve the meat, dressing and gravy separately or
place a scoop of dressing on each plate, tip the meat slices against the
dressing and ladle the gravy over
- Serve with the restaurant recipe for sage cranberry dressing and oven-roasted acorn squash if you wish
Serving option: On a large platter, mound dressing in the
center, arrange meat slices around the dressing and drizzle a little of the
gravy over the meat. Then serve the remaining gravy on the side in a small
Enjoy your pork loin restaurant recipe and the company of
those you share it with!
“Pork fat rules!”