Glazed Salmon Recipe
Use Deep Water Wild Salmon
Real Restaurant Salmon Recipe
This Glazed Salmon Recipe is dedicated to my nephew who is a fisherman in the deep, cold waters off Alaska. To him and all those brave souls who harvest wild seafood, including wild salmon, for our dining pleasure and our nutrition.
Salmon Buying Tips
- Fresh salmon steaks and fillets should be firm and
deep, "salmon pink" in color. The meat should have a slight sheen and
appear somewhat translucent.
- Choose steaks and fillets with smooth cuts. Cuts
of salmon that have gaps or separation of muscle fibers are indicative of old
- Packaged salmon should be stored in an airtight
container with no visible liquid.
- Frozen salmon should be in an air tight package
with no visible frost.
- Refrain from salmon that has a strong
"fishy" smell, the fish odor should be mild.
Glazed Salmon Recipe
Seafood Recipe from Restaurant
5 minutes. Serves 4.
- 1 1/2 pounds skin-on deep water wild salmon fillet
or use four fillets, 6-7 ounces each (Thicker cut fish will stay moist longer)
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons Low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 - 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Keep salmon refrigerated until ready to grill.
- Keep salmon skin intact while grilling. The skin
will prevent the salmon from curling up and flaking apart. The skin is easily
removed after grilling.
- Brush salmon and grill grate with a thin coat of
cooking oil to prevent sticking on the grill. Oil the grill grate before
starting the grill.
(medium hot grill)
- Grill fish 3-4-inches from heat.
- Place salmon steak/fillet skin side up directly on
grill grate. Cover.
- Grill steaks/fillets for a total of 4-6 minutes
(2-3 minutes per side) per 1/2 inch thickness, turning only once.
Check for Doneness:
- Salmon continues to cook after being removed from
the grill. Cook salmon just until meat begins to change color and becomes
- To check the flakiness, insert the tip of a sharp
knife near the bone or at the thickest part of the salmon and pull slightly.
- Grill whole fillets 6-8 minutes per side or until
it just starts to flake when tested
- Turn fish and brush with sauce two or three times
while it finishes cooking
The Broiling Method:
- Preheat broiler.
- Place foil on sheet pan and oil lightly.
- Place salmon on foil, brush with marinade, and
place 3-4 inches under broiler.
- Brush with marinade at least 2 more times or until
fish just begins to flake.
Enjoy your glazed salmon recipe and the other restaurant recipes on the
website and the company of those you share them with!
With these recipes you can cook with confidence and style!
Did you know? Wild salmon are “anadromous,” meaning most salmon are born
in fresh water, migrate to the sea, and return to freshwater to reproduce, or