Chicken Wings !
When I first discovered this recipe for Glazed Chicken Wings I
thought it might be a bit too sweet for many people.
After reducing the amount of maple syrup called for in the
original recipe and making one other adjustment, I tried it with the
restaurant/lounge guests ...after trying it on my family and friends.
My poor family and friends! ;-)
Everyone loved these chicken wings. They also said they
enjoyed a number of other ways to do chicken wings but that this recipe was a
very nice change.
The solution? I mixed a variety of chicken wing recipes on a single plate (serving).
Real Restaurant Appetizer Recipe
Preparation time: 10 Minutes. Makes 72 pieces
- 36 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/8 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Cut tips off wings; cut wings in half at joint
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat
and cook the chopped onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until golden
- Add syrup, ketchup, bourbon and hot pepper sauce
and bring to a boil over high heat
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring
occasionally until sauce thickens slightly (about 5 minutes)
- Remove from heat
- With wire whisk, stir in mayonnaise until smooth
- Grill or broil chicken wings, turning occasionally
and brushing frequently with sauce until chicken is thoroughly cooked (about 15
Enjoy your chicken wings and the company of those you share them with!
"Why did you put chicken wings in your socks?"
"Thanks for asking."
Marshawn Lynch (Seahawk Running Back)