Double Chocolate Cheesecake
"Sinfully" Delicious Cheesecake Recipe
Restaurant Dessert Recipe
This fabulous Double
Chocolate Cheesecake dessert recipe tastes so good it should be illegal.
But it will only be that good if you use quality chocolate so use the best you
This cheesecake can be made up to two days in advance of serving.
It is great for a dinner party. Just cover the pan after it has
chilled for a few hours.
It will also be easier to cut and serve if it is removed
from the refrigerator about an hour before needed.
Offer a sparkling wine with the cheesecake and your dinner
guests will never forget the dessert or the experience.
Double Chocolate Cheesecake
Real Restaurant Dessert Recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes. Serves 12 - 16
- 1 cup finely crushed chocolate wafers
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces melted white chocolate (use a double boiler)
- 3 ounces melted semi-sweet chocolate (use a double boiler)
- 2 tablespoons Raspberry Schnapps liqueur (optional
- but very good)
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions For Crust:
- Combine the crumbs and butter and press evenly onto the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and smooth with the back of a spoon
- Bake at 350 degrees F in the oven for 10 minutes
Instructions For Filling:
- With an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and
sugar; add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition
- Add vanilla and mix again
- Remove 1/2 of the batter to another bowl and stir
in melted white chocolate and strawberry liqueur into this "removed"
- To the remaining batter, blend in melted chocolate
and then pour over the chocolate crust
- Spoon the white batter carfully over the chocolate
layer and spread evenly
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes; reduce the
heat to 250 degrees F and bake for another 30 - 35 minutes or until the center
of the cheesecake is barely firm
- Remove from the oven; run a knife around the side
and let it cool completely before removing the sides of the pan
Instructions For Glaze:
- In a small sauce pan, combine the chocolate, cream, sugar and corn syrup
- Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, cook on low heat until the chocolate and sugar are melted, then raise the heat to medium and cook without stirring about 5 minutes or until a little of the mixture dropped into a glass of cold water forms a soft ball
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg lightly; stir in 3 tablespoons of chocolate mixture and pour this into the remaining chocolate in the sauce pan and stir briskly
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 3 - 4 minutes intil the glaze coats a spoon heavily
- Remove the pan from the heat and add vanilla and stir
- Cool the glaze to room temperature
- Spoon the glaze over the cheesecake and spread it with a metal spatula to cover the top of the dessert
Enjoy your Double Chocolate Cheesecake and the company of those you
share it with!
Did you know? An ancient form of cheesecake may have been a popular dish
in ancient Greece even prior to Romans' adoption of it with the conquest of
Greece. The earliest attested mention of a cheesecake is by a Greek physician
who wrote a book on the art of making cheesecakes.
The earliest cheesecake recipe (1390) was found in an
English cookbook from 1390.