Barbecue Hamburger Recipe
Voted a Favorite Hamburger Recipe
I admit it! I love hamburgers, including this barbecue hamburger recipe. And even though the restaurant sells a large variety of food, the guests still order a lot of hamburgers.
I enjoy making burgers with a wide variety of recipes.
This BBQ hamburger has been voted a favorite hamburger
recipe by the restaurant guests.
Barbecue Hamburger Recipe
Favorite Hamburger Recipe
from a Restaurant
Preparation time: 20 minutes. Makes 4 BBQ burgers.
- 4 hamburger patties (I use ground chuck and each
patty is about 1/3 pound)
- BBQ seasoning (recipe below - and see note)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Butter, at room temperature
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese and/or 4 slices of Swiss cheese and/ or Monterrey Jack or your favorite cheese or no cheese at all
- 8 slices of cooked bacon
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Sliced tomato (optional)
- Barbecue sauce (your favorite or try this
recipe.) Click to access it.
Season the hamburger patties to your taste with
the BBQ seasoning (recipe below) - I use one teaspoon per patty.
Note: Option: Combine the BBQ seasoning and the meat mixing lightly with a fork and then form your patties.|
- Cook the burgers on your grill (or your griddle)
to the desired doneness (I cook hamburger patties to 160 degrees F. I check
them with a meat thermometer (you should, too)
- While the meat is cooking, prepare the buns by
buttering both sides lightly and warming them or broiling them a bit
- Spread mayonnaise on the bottom buns and BBQ sauce
and onion slices on the top buns
- When you turn the burger patties over, place one
slice of cheddar and one slice of Swiss on each patty and then top with the
bacon slices (two per patty)
- When the burger patties are ready (cooked), place
one on each of the bottom buns and then place the top buns on each
Place each barbecue hamburger on a plate and serve with
salad and barbecue
5 minutes. Makes 4 tablespoons.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ancho chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly
Note: This BBQ Seasoning can be used with any meat you want to flavor.|
Enjoy your Barbecue Hamburgers and the company of those you share them
“I’m at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my
life. In fact, I’ve just had a mirror put over my barbecue.”
Special "request." Just Cheddar and Swiss.
No onion. No tomato. No lettuce." No problem. :-)