Bacon Bleu Cheese Dip Recipe
Real Restaurant Appetizer Dip
So here is the story of this wonderful Bacon Bleu Cheese Dip.
Someone working at “Organic Farms” spoke to me and praised
the website and a number of the recipes on the site.
“Your crab dip is wonderful. Please try this recipe for another
I did. I served it to real restaurant guests. They LOVED it. So did I.
Even people that say they don't like bleu cheese love this wonderful hot dip. Serve with artisan bread or French bread and/or crisp crackers. It is also good with most vegetables.
The fellow who shared this recipe knows we tried it and what
the result has been. We love sharing “winning recipes.”
It is now a real restaurant recipe! And shared!
Hot Bacon Bleu Cheese
Real Restaurant Appetizer Recipe
Preparation time: 12 minutes. Serves 12
- 10 slices of bacon (or a couple more if you really love bacon)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 8 ounces of quality cream cheese
- 4 ounces of Bleu cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives
- 4 tablespoons of chopped almonds (optional)
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp
- Drain the bacon on a paper towel. Leave a thin layer of
bacon fat in the pan
- Chop bacon well
- Return the bacon pieces to the pan and add the garlic
- Cook until the garlic is tender
- Drain the garlic and bacon onto paper towels
- Beat the cream cheese in a bowl until smooth
- Add the cream cheese, chives and bleu cheese and beat well
- Fold in the bacon-garlic mixture
- In a baking dish, spread the mixture and sprinkle with
almonds and chopped bacon
- In the preheated oven, bake the mixture for 35-30 minutes or
until the mixture is melted and bubbly
Enjoy you bacon bleu cheese appetizer dip and the company of those you share it with!
“Almost anything can be improved with the addition of bacon.”
Jasper Fforde, “Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron”