Nestled with a Warm Spinach Salad
Restaurant Seafood Salad Recipe
This restaurant seafood salad is a very special recipe that
combines Scallops in a warm Spinach
Salad and calls for roasted red pepper vinaigrette that brings everything
together for a real culinary treat.
When shopping for this seafood make certain these seafood
items are plump and firm, with a sweet aroma. The best of these are creamy or
When cooked, each is opaque and just firm. Over cooking will
make them tough.
If you use large ones, it might be best to slice each one into
two thinner pieces for more uniform cooking.
This restaurant recipe is very adaptable. You can use a
variety of seafood products with the warm spinach. The roasted red pepper
vinaigrette complements all seafood. This IS a favorite restaurant recipe!
Seared Scallops -
Warm Spinach Salad
Favorite Restaurant Seafood Salad
Preparation time: 30 minutes. Serves 4.
- 9 ounces of baby spinach (about 8 cups lightly
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional but good)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound of medium size scallops
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers cut into thin strips
(about 1/2 cup)
- 2 medium shallots, sliced thin
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Place the spinach in a large mixing bowl, add the
almonds and set aside
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil into a skillet and
raise the temperature to medium high heat (heat oil until it just begins to
- Add the seafood, flat side down and cook about 2
- Use tongs and turn them over
- Cook until medium-rare (about 45 seconds longer.
The sides will have firmed and all but the middle third of each piece of
seafood will be opaque)
- Transfer the seafood to a plate, season with salt
to taste and set aside
- Lower heat to medium, add remaining 3 tablespoons
of olive oil into the skillet
- Add red peppers, shallots, 1/4 teaspoon of salt
and pepper (and bacon if using)
- Cook until the shallots soften slightly (about 2
- Remove the skillet from the heat and swirl in the
- Pour the warm dressing over the spinach and toss
- Divide the spinach salad among 4 plates
and arrange the seafood items on top
Wow! You've got a
winning seafood salad restaurant recipe!
Thank you for visiting. ENJOY the restaurant seafood salad recipe and the company of those you share it with!
Please "click around" for more recipes that work.
Did you know? Saint James was the brother of John, and one of the 12
Apostles. The scallop shell was the
symbol of the crusaders of the Order of Saint James. (Santiago in Spanish and
St. Jacques in French).